[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Re: ofa_1_2_c_kernel 20070802-0201 daily build status

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Aug 2 10:40:17 PDT 2007

> If I clone from my local system over the net, I _get_ all the branches!
>
> Anybody know why local clones on the ofa build server are not pulling
> all the branches?
>
> Maybe I'm abusing git?

It sounds like a different between git versions.  Older git versions
brought in remote branches such that 'git branch' would show them.
(This causes problems if a remote branch conflicts with a local branch.)
  With the newer git version (what's on the ofa server), you need to use
'git branch -r' to see all of the actual branches.