[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] RFCv2: SRC API

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Mon Aug 6 08:51:07 PDT 2007

> > +When job j1 needs to transmit to job j2 on remote node n for
> > the first time:
> > +1. Test: does job j1 have an existing connection to some job
> > on node n?
> > +        - If no:
> > +		j1 creates an SRC QP qp1 (send QP)
> > +			qp1 is only used to post send WRs
> > +		j2 creates an SRC QP qp2
> > +			qp2 is part of SRC domain
> > +			qp2 is only used to do transport checks:
> > +				neither send nor receive WRs
> > are posted on qp2
> > +		j1 and j2 create a connection between qp1 and qp2
> > +	- If yes:
> > +		let qp1 be the QP which belongs to j1 and is connected
> > +			to some qp on node n
> > +
> > +2. j1 gets SRQ number from j2
> > +3. j1 can now use QP qp2 from step 1
> > +   and SRQ number from step 3 to send data to j2
> > +
> > +Cleanup:
> > +When job j1 does not need to communicate to any jobs on node n, it
> > +disconnects qp1 from qp2, and asks j2 to destroy qp2.

OK, I was wrong before, here is my question.

if remote node n has j2, j3, and j4, and j2 is the job to create qp2 and
make connection with qp1 in j1.
if j2 is done before j3 and j4, then we can not let j2 to destroy qp2,
because j3 and j4 are still communicating with
j1. Since j2 owns qp2, j2 need to be the last job to cleanup.

Am I right ?