[ewg] OFED 1.2.c status & plans

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Aug 7 12:29:46 PDT 2007

Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wish to update on OFED 1.2.c status and plans to synch everybody:
>
>     * OFED 1.2.c-11 is going out tomorrow
>     * This release should be the base for the GA release
>     * Need an approval from Steve (Chelsio) & Nam (IBM) that everything
>       is in place from their perspective.

I have one more change needed to bump the required fw version to 4.6.0
in the low level driver (trival #define change).  I've tested 1.2.c with
the new firmware and it looks good.  But I need to get the firmware
version change upstream too, so maybe we can have one more week?  With
the goal being -12 is final?

>       Also please send me the release notes for ehca and cxgb3

Will do.

>     * Need an approval from the companies that are testing this release
>       that it can go to GA
>        >From Mellanox perspective (mlx4 readiness) we are ready for GA.
>
> I have one question: do we prefer to stay with the name 1.2.c or 1.2.5?

I prefer 1.2.5 over 1.2.c...(but I really prefer 1.2.1...why skip to .5?)

Steve.