[ewg] Re: ofa_1_2_c_kernel 20070802-0201 daily build status

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 17:27:15 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 15:30 +0200, Hoang-Nam Nguyen wrote:
> Hello Doug and Scott!
>
> On Thursday 02 August 2007 18:08, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > ehca backports for kernel.org kernels seem to be broken.
> > 1. Does anyone care enough to fix them? If not we'll disable
> >    ehca in build for these kernels.
> >
> > 2. Could you upload kernels for RHEL4U5 and SLES10 ppc64?
> >    This would make it possible for us to add it to nightly builds.
> Could you please provide Michael and Vladimir with a URL to download
> above kernel source tree in order to perform daily build of ofed
> code suite? This will help us to prevent build issues in very early
> stage.

Actually, with RHEL4 didn't we already establish that me uploading a
source tarball is definitely *not* the way to go?  The kernel-devel rpm
on each arch only includes the files that it thinks are relevant to that
arch, and by compiling against a complete source tree, you missed the
fact that the ppc64 arch wouldn't compile against the kernel-devel.ppc64
package entirely.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194