[ewg] Re: ib_local_sa.ko is not created

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Sun Aug 26 02:39:36 PDT 2007

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

> IIRC this tree includes new local sa bits from Sean which
> are interated as part of sa module.

Do you mean to say that the sa module already contains ib_local_sa in
it? Anyway, I'm interested in rdma_cm, and when I try to load it, it
looks for ib_local_sa:

[root at cumin ~]# modprobe rdma_cm
WARNING: Error inserting ib_local_sa
(/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/infiniband/core/ib_local_sa.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting rdma_cm
(/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/infiniband/core/rdma_cm.ko):
Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
[root at cumin ~]# dmesg -c
ib_local_sa: disagrees about version of symbol ib_unregister_client
ib_local_sa: Unknown symbol ib_unregister_client
[...]

It disagrees about the symbol version because my machine still has the
original ib_local_sa module that comes with RH4 up4. How can we solve
this problem?

Thanks,
Erez