[ewg] OFED 1.2.5.3

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Dec 4 00:04:10 PST 2007

Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Or Gerlitz wrote:
> In one of our tests that is doing up/down of the driver we see some
> deadlock when this patch is used, and it does not happened when its
> removed.
> Thus we decided to remove this patch till we get to the root cause of
> the problem
> Note that we do not think the issue with the patch but seems that it
> bring the issue up to the surface

I see. Note that even though with the fact that internal review makes
you think the patch is not the cause for the hang, its still possible
that external reviewers will come into a different conclusion, that's
big part of the the story behind open source development and processes.

I understand that this patch does not exist in OFED 1.3, correct?