[ewg] OFED Dec 3 meeting summary on beta release status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Dec 4 01:34:55 PST 2007

Meeting Summary:
1. We must get bugzilla fixed ASAP to track OFED 1.3 bugs - Jeff B.
2. RC1 is delayed to next week since there were no builds for almost a week
3. Beta release testing status:

    * Voltaire: See issues with:
          o TCP performance of ConnectX (30% worst then Arbel on UD mode)
            Note: I verified that interrupt moderation was not activated
            on ConnectX as should.  Should be fixed today on the daily
            build.
            Also LRO is not yet enabled - to be done till RC1.
          o Performance is harmed when working with IPoIB partitioning
            (different PKey)
          o iSCSI over IPoIB
    * Cisco:
          o Test so far only x86_64; RHEL4, RHEL5, SLES10
          o Focus on MPI testing: Intel MPI 3.1; HP MPI 2.5.1
          o Will test new compilers: Intel 10.1 and PGI 7.1
    * Intel:
          o Beta is working fine on 16 nodes cluster
          o Tests also small ia64 cluster - see problem with MVAPICH
            compilation
    * Qlogic:
          o See SDP issues
          o Mainly test basic verbs (libibverbs)
          o Will have a code update in 1-2 weeks
    * Mellanox:
          o Covers x86, x86_64, PPC, all OSes on the matrix
          o SDP is still broken - should be fixed by end of this week
          o Test Open MPI and MVAPICH
          o See issues with IPoIB performance - under work

Tziporet