[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.3 Beta release is available

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Tue Dec 4 16:40:03 PST 2007

BTW, sifting through the OFED 1.3 libibverbs tree, I do see that the
commit to add max_xrc_domains to struct ibv_device_attr did break
things by adding the member in the middle of the structure (so that an
app compiled against the old header will see bogus values for
local_ca_ack_delay and phys_port_count.

Actually looking at the commit again, it's worse than that... anything
compiled against the old header that calls ibv_query_device() may get
memory corrupted, because the new ibv_query_device() writes to a
bigger structure than the app passes in.

The perils of not reviewing properly I guess...

 - R.