[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.3 Beta release is available

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Dec 5 08:32:48 PST 2007

 >         I think in future we will have more such changes, why don't we take the
 > pain now to make ops as a pointer and mark it as verbs 1.2 ?

The problem is that undoubtedly the changes that require changing the
ABI will require something more than just additional ops, so we'll end
up needing yet another new ABI anyway.  So I don't see any real
benefit to breaking the ABI now except to make the change a little
cleaner, and that doesn't seem worth it to me.

 - R.