[openfabrics-ewg] Merging ib_iser & open-iscsi in the OFED installation UI

Erez Zilber erezz at voltaire.com
Tue Feb 13 06:39:31 PST 2007

Vladimir Sokolovsky wrote:
>> It seems to work ok. One more thing: when the installation is done, I
>> get the following output:
>>
>> Following is the list of OFED packages that you have chosen
>>             (some may have been added by the installation program due to
>> package dependencies):
>> ib_ipoib
>> ib_iser
>> ib_mthca
>> ib_verbs
>> kernel-ib
>> open-iscsi
>>
>> I think that the ib_iser line should look like:
>> ib_iser (including open-iscsi)
>>

>> The open-iscsi line should not be there. I'm waiting to hear comments on
>> my other e-mail (Warning the user that open-iscsi is installed). It may
>> require more small changes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Erez
>>

> Do you want me to apply the patch I sent and you will send me updates
> later or you want to update my patch?

Please apply it. If something new comes up later, I will send a patch
over it.
> In any case I think that message:
>
> 	Following is the list of OFED packages that you have chosen
>             (some may have been added by the installation program due to package dependencies):
>
> is good enough and "ib_iser (including open-iscsi)" is not required.
>
> Note:
> ib_iser is a part of kernel-ib RPM while open-iscsi is not...

I don't agree with that. kernel-ib contains the following files:

/lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2747.el5/kernel/drivers/scsi/iscsi_tcp.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2747.el5/kernel/drivers/scsi/libiscsi.ko
/lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2747.el5/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.ko

Anyway, I will send a patch with other UI fixes later.

Erez