[ewg] Re: ipath backport patches

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Fri Feb 16 05:19:26 PST 2007

> Quoting r. Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at pathscale.com>:
> Subject: ipath backport patches
>
> I've reduced the number of patches by half.  Tested kernels to date are
> as follows:
>
> 2.6.5_sles9_sp3
> 2.6.9_U[234]
> 2.6.16_sles10

OK, that's much better.
Some comments:

ipath-18-workqueue-2.6.19.patch - what's the deal here?
why are you working around the implementation in kernel_addons?
You should be able to use 2.6.20 API as is for all kernels.
Try just dropping this patch I think you'll find everything works.
If not let's debug - this is common infrastructure, core code uses it.

ipath-04-mutex-2.6.15.patch - I think just
#define i_mutex i_sem
in kernel_addons will cover this.

ipath-01-header.patch - I don't see version.h being used anywhere,
and I expect mutex.h to be included directly where needed.

--
MST