[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.2 Questions

Steve WIse swise at opengridcomputing.com
Sun Jan 7 10:51:04 PST 2007

Tziporet,

I'm in the process of adding the Chelsio T3 drivers to the OFED
repository and I have a question:

The HowTo kernel section you posted on the wiki sez to add the new files
to the repos directly via a git commit, but create patches for
modifications to existing files and put the patches in the
kernel_patches/fixes directory.  However, I don't see patches in that
directory to modify the core Makefile/Kconfig for SDP or other new
modules added for ofed.  So should I just modify infiniband/Makefile and
Kconfig via the git commit that adds the new Chelsio files, or create a
patch file and put it in kernel_patches/fixes?

Also, are there machines available with the various ofed supported
distros installed that I can do compile testing for the Chelsio user
lib?

Thanks,

Steve.