[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.1 tar ball

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 10 09:07:43 PST 2007

I look at the OFED sources only on occassions. Recently I downloaded the
OFED-1.1.tgz  from the openfabrics website. Basically I only wanted to
look at some sources in this tar ball (and not build). After I
uncompressed and expanded this tar ball I found another tar ball
openib-1.1.tgz underneath the SOURCES/ directory. I expanded this tar ball
to look at the source files. I then started to look at the sources and
this was at odds to what I expected.

I learnt that I had to run the openib-1.1/configure script to update the
sources with all the patches. I believe this is counter-intuitive. My
understanding is that one needs to run the configure script to generate
the Makefiles and set the appropriate environment in order to build. The
openib-1.1.tgz  should have had all the patches applied and there should
be no need to run configure to look at the updated sources.

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com