[openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.1 tar ball

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 10 10:54:19 PST 2007

Scott,

I looked at the docs/OFED_Installation_Guide.txt and some of the other
ones too. The mention of install.sh is in the context of building OFED as
shown below:

5. Installing OFED Software

1) Go to the directory into which the package was extracted:

     cd /..../OFED-X.X.X

2) Installing the OFED package must be done as root.  For a
   menu-driven, first build and installation, run the installer
   script:

     ./install.sh

I did not want to build and install OFED software -just wanted to browse
through the sources. Even after reading the instructions I still feel that
the tar ball should have the sources with all the patches applied. It is
counter-intuitive not to do so. I hope this will change in the upcoming
OFED 1.2 release.

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com

"Scott Weitzenkamp \(sweitzen\)" <sweitzen at cisco.com>
01/10/2007 09:32 AM

Pradeep Satyanarayana/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS, <tziporet at mellanox.co.il>
cc
<Openfabrics-ewg at openib.org>
Subject
RE: [openfabrics-ewg] OFED 1.1 tar ball

Look in docs/OFED_Installation_Guide.txt, you should run install.sh with
OFED.

Scott