[openfabrics-ewg] Getting local_sa cache support and multicast support into OFED 1.2

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Jan 17 14:48:48 PST 2007

Ok, if Sean agrees, I think we should try to get the local_sa cache
module
and the multicast support into the main OFED 1.2 git tree.

I have cloned the ofed_1_2 tree in

/home/woody/scm/ofed_1_2

and fetched sean's multicast and sa_cache branches into branches, then
merged them into a branch called ofed_1_2-multicast-sa_cache that
was based on the ofed_1_2 branch of the ofed_1_2 git repository.
I then built the ofed_1_2-multicast-sa-cache kernel tree
and tested it with the latest userspace code
from the maintainer's git trees. Note that for udapl and the rdma_cm,
you need
to use branches other than the master,

git clone git://staging.openfabrics.org/~ardavis/dapl
git clone git://staging.openfabrics.org/~shefty/librdmacm
cd librdmacm
git checkout multicast
cd ../dapl
git checkout rdma_ucm

Thus you, should just be able to either just pull that branch of my
tree(ofed_1_2-multicast-sa_cache)  into your
ofed_1_2 git tree, or fetch sean's separate branches, the sean-multicast
and sean-sa_cache branches and merge them individually. I'd like to get
these into the ofed_1_2 daily
builds as soon as possible so that I can start testing using the daily
builds.

I also need you to fix the build scripts to allow building of the
rdma_cm, which
appears to have no configure option and assume you will need to add one
for the
local_sa cache.

Hope this makes sense.

woody