[openfabrics-ewg] OFA EWG (Enterprise Working Group) seeking Co-Chair nominations...

Jamie Riotto (jriotto) jriotto at cisco.com
Thu Jan 18 14:46:42 PST 2007

Dear Open Fabrics Community,
I am currently Chairperson for the Enterprise Working Group (EWG)
committee for OFA. By way of quick introduction,
the EWG was formed to promote
a single commercial release of the OFA stack, in order to encourage all
participating OFA members to test, package and
support a unified release. The alternative was to have each company take
different snap shots at different times, and
release independently of one another (which we felt would confuse and
frustrate customers). This resulted in the successful
release of OFED 1.1, and continues to drive the process in the form of
OFED 1.2 which is the next scheduled release.

In order to insure fair and balanced management of this process, I am
seeking a Co-Chair to help drive these efforts moving
forward. The ideal person would have a fair understanding of the
technical issues invovled in a release, and perhaps more
importantly, a broad view of the evolving industry requirements in order
to help steer the inevitable trade-offs made between
new technology introductions and current customer stability. If you, or
someone you know, would be willing to contribute
to the OFA community in this regard, please consider submitting them as
a nomination for Co-Chair of the EWG.

All nominations should be submitted to me directly at jriotto at cisco.com.

Thank you very much - jamie

Jamie Riotto
Sr. Director Engineering
Server Virtualization Business Unit (SVBU)
Cisco Systems
408-853-7813
jriotto at cisco.com