[openfabrics-ewg] [openib-general] Minutes for January 15, 2007 teleconference about OFED 1.2 development progress toward code freeze

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Mon Jan 22 16:06:40 PST 2007

 >  > 	when RDMA is used, a message is transferred from card A (in node
>  > A) to card B (in node B), card B delivers the message to
> to user buffer,  > and sends ACK to card A, but ACK is lost
> due to switch fail. So process  > on node A get fail for this
> transfer, but process on node B check the  > memory  and get
> the message(success).
>  >
>  > 	If send/recv(SRQ) is used, is it possible that process on node A
>  > get failure, but process on node B successfully get the message ?
>
> Yes, of course, for exactly the same reason you describe
> above (lost ACK).

Thanks. So it is NOT possible that sender gets success, but receiver
gets failure, right ?

Also  another question, when it_post_send() is called, we only specify
IBV_SEND_SIGNALED once a while to improve performance because completion
event is not generated for other messages. But when there is an error on
the QP connection, we hope to get event report for all messages. Does
the driver/libibverbs support this ?

--CQ