[openfabrics-ewg] modules compilation status for OFED 1.2

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jan 24 07:47:24 PST 2007

Hi All,
We are approaching code freeze and I want to make sure that all kernel
modules indeed will compile on the supported OSes of OFED 1.2:

    * Redhat EL4 up5 (currently tested on up4)
    * Redhat EL5 - if will be available
    * SLES9 SP3
    * SLES10 SP1
    * kernel.org: 2.6.19.x and 2.6.20.x

The status is that all modules (except ehca) pass compilation on kernel
2.6.19.

The following modules have issues with support for some distros:

    * vnic (Ram) - SLES9
    * ipath driver (Bryan) : SLES9, Redhat EL4 up4, SLES10 SP1
    * ehca driver (Nam) - SLES9, Redhat EL4 up4, SLES10 SP1, 2.6.19

Owners of these modules: Please take an action to fix as soon as
possible or reply if you don't want your module to be supported on some
of the distros

Thanks,
Tziporet