[ewg] Issue with IPoIB-CM being enabled at boot

Jeremy Brown jeremy.brown at qlogic.com
Mon Jul 2 17:37:30 PDT 2007

I apologize for replying to myself, but I just set up two em64t systems
with Mellanox HCAs, Fedora 4, and a fresh build and installation of OFED
1.2, and the IPoIB interfaces came up in datagram mode, despite the fact
that IPoIB is enabled and configured to come up in connected mode.

# Load IPoIB
IPOIB_LOAD=yes

# Enable IPoIB Connected Mode
SET_IPOIB_CM=yes

Does anybody else see this issue? Obviously, it's not a problem for me
to manually switch it to connected mode using the /sys interface.

Thanks!

Jeremy Brown