[ewg] CM

Vidhya Sriram Bhat vsriram at lampreynetworks.com
Tue Jul 3 12:40:33 PDT 2007

Lamprey Networks is trying to port the DTA application to the OFED stack.
The DTA (Device Test Application) Server is a simple transport-layer test
application implemented on the Channel Adapter.  The DTA Server app can
receive commands from a DTA client app  via the Command Channel (GSI) and
execute those commands resulting in deterministic behavior on one or more
data channels. The components needed for the DTA are basically the Channel
Interface, CM/SIDR functionality and GSI.

As a first step in porting the DTA to the OFED, we are working on
establishing a basic CM flow between a DTA client and DTA Server. We already
have a functioning DTA/CM client implemented on a non-OFED stack.  We are
now looking to implement the DTA server side on the OFED stack.  The DTA
Server has to act as a passive CM server (receive CM Requests and  create
data channels etc). We have looked at the example 'c' files in the 'libibcm'
project. Are there any other resources/examples that we can use to implement
a basic passive CM server?

Thanks

Vidhya

Vidhya Sriram Bhat