[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED July 2, meeting summary on next OFED plans

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 3 23:32:37 PDT 2007

Tom Tucker wrote:
> Perhaps the activity is not where you're used to looking. Both Trond and
> Neal reviewed the previous patchset and provided feedback that I
> addressed in the most recent patchset. That said, I'm sure there will be
> quite a bit more before it's mergeable.

Indeed, any other IB related kernel ULP that was submitted upstream was
sent to review on the "openib" (open-fabrics general) AND another
mailing list (eg netdev,linux-scsi) AND lkml

As was commented here in the past, these ULPs typically involve two
disciplines, in this case, NFS and the RDMA stack.

You are being expected to ask --both-- communities to review the code
before you sending it to everyone (lkml) for another review, and only
then merge it.

Or.