[ewg] running cmpost in libibcm.

Vidhya Sriram Bhat vsriram at lampreynetworks.com
Thu Jul 5 15:12:17 PDT 2007

We've been trying to run the 'cmpost' example under the libibcm project.

Here's the scenario:

Device Under Test: Mellanox HCA with 2 ports. ofed-rc6 stack installed. SM
is disabled on the HCA

Tester Device: A test implemented on the Agilent Infiniband Generator. Test
brings up the subnet (has SM), and then sends a basic CM Connect Request
with Service ID = DTA Service ID (0x20)

Observation:

1.       Even when cmpost is not running, the OFED stack appears to send a
ConnectReject with reason: Invalid Service ID. So clearly it looks like
there is some kind of CM service running just on device boot up. How do we
disable this?

2.       cmpost in client mode fails to send the REQ packet

3.       cmpost  in server mode fails to receive a REQ packet sent from
Agilent Generator.  Cmpost seems to block on 'ib_cm_get_event' and does not
receive the incoming REQ.

Am I missing any further hooks to the lower-level drivers? The README under
libibcm project stated that /dev/infiniband/ucm0 needs to be created. I
created this using the 'mknod' command. That's about the only thing we have
done before starting  cmpost.

Thanks

Vidhya

Vidhya Sriram Bhat