[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Toward next OFED release (1.3)

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 10 11:23:53 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 10:27, Tziporet Koren wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On next Monday we will have the first meeting to close OFED 1.3
> features and schedule.
> As a preparation I send here the list of features we already reviewed
> in Sonoma, and other features I see in progress on the general list
> discussions.
>
> I know this is a long mail :-( but I ask each of the
> maintainers/customers to review this list and send comments and other
> requests.
>
> There are some ULPs that I placed "?" and the owner should review and
> reply with the plans.
>
> Thanks,
> Tziporet
>

> Main New Features
> ==============
> Base kernel: 2.6.23 (we will start with 2.6.22 but will move to
> 2.6.23)
> Install:
>       * Minimize integration effort into OS distribution
>       * Break the packages RPMs (work with Novell and Redhat)
>

> Package:
>       * Sources arrangement for the end user (for the labs)
>       * Reduce compilation warnings
>

> QoS:
>       * OSM
>       * CM & CMA
>       * ULPs: SDP, SRP, IPoIB, RDS?
>

> Core:
>       * Updated SA cache
>       * User space events registration
>       * Preparations for IB routers
>

> libibverbs:
>       * New verbs:
>               * Scalable Reliable Connected Transport (with Mellanox
>                 ConnectX)
>               * Shared Send Queue
>               * Reliable Multicast ?
>

> Management:
>       * Multiple partitions
>       * OpenSM
>               * More routing performance improvements
>               * Even more speedups
>               * Better packaging/installation
>               * “Native” daemon mode
>               * Performance management
>               * Quality of Service manager: Based on IBTA annex

enhancements for fat tree routing (non pure tree support)
more console commands and telnet access to console

>       * More diagnostics - Hal please update

ibsim - IB management simulator which can be used without OpenSM
recompilation and supports the diag tools

ibidsverify.pl: validate LIDs and GUIDs in subnet
Updated ibnetdiscover format with link width and speed, and GUIDs
ibnetdiscover grouping support for new Voltaire chassis
diag updates for IB router support
iblinkinfo.pl: Support peer port link width and speed validation
ibdatacounters: Add script and man page for subnet wide data counters
saquery enhancements