[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Agenda for OFED meeting today

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jul 17 11:30:54 PDT 2007

>I remember that there was some last minute submission by Michael to be
>included as technology-preview-for-demo-purposes-etc, are you referring
>to this code?
>
>My understanding is the that Qos code of the Linux kernel IB stack QoS
>code is going to be implemented through the path forward project by Sean
>Hefty and that this work has not started yet.

I do have a task item to add QoS to the kernel stack as part of my PathForward
work.  I believe that we need a discussion on the list regarding the best
approach before starting work on this, however, because of IBTA rules, I haven't
started the discussion.

Additional work is needed in opensm, and those patches were posted on the list a
couple of months ago.  If someone has kernel patches to support QoS, I'd be
interested in seeing them.  (Feel free to send them to me directly if they
cannot be shared publicly.)