[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] ANNOUNCE ofed backports for 2.6.22 kernel bits

Arthur Jones arthur.jones at qlogic.com
Tue Jul 24 10:11:21 PDT 2007

hi michael, ...

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 07:52:03PM +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> [...]
> > i have found that drawing a DAG with graphviz has
> > been a big help in making sure that i organize the
> > branches correctly...
>
> Ugh .. *that* sounds complicated.
> Looks like it's much simpler with current setup.

compared to the rather sophisticated linux-kernel
changesets that i see from you on this list -- it's
child's play...

compared to figuring out the list of options for
ofed_scripts/configure just so we can _see_ the
source we're running on our box -- it's a walk in
the park...

one of the goals of OFED 1.3 is to make access
to the source easier.  to do that, we will prob
need to rid ourselves of patches...

arthur