[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] ANNOUNCE ofed backports for 2.6.22 kernel bits

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Jul 24 10:11:52 PDT 2007

> Hmm. Concider that yuou did all of the above, and then mail me
> that there's an update. Now I need to merge updates to multiple branches directly
> and git pull does not do this. It's a problem.

A simple script can do this.

> You'll have to check out branches one by one, and do a pull.
> What if there's a conflict? I currently just do git reset --hard ORIG_HEAD
> and mail the maintainer to fix it up - but this won't work
> with the "bush of branches" approach.

If there's a conflict, then you need a different patch.  A single patch
may work for all backports, or a fix may require different patches
depending on the kernel version.  As it stands now, there are patches
that we apply that do not work and expect a subsequent patch to fix it up.