[ewg] Re: Why isn't kfifo get built with ib-core for RH4?

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Jul 30 01:46:16 PDT 2007

> Quoting Erez Zilber <erezz at voltaire.com>:
> Subject: Why isn't kfifo get built with ib-core for RH4?
>
> Michael,
>

> I saw that kfifo that was built with ib-core for RH4 was removed:
>

> http://www2.openfabrics.org/git/?p=~vlad/ofed_kernel.git;a=commit;h=afe4186a2b383e58d9937d0b2fe2ddfb03cd7268

I can't think of a reason. Likely just an oversight.

> Why was it removed? open-iscsi cannot be loaded without it. If nobody
> else is using it,

This was added here:
ac758ec6bff062844a5a42141aa5da492b2cb02b
so I think it's needed by Chelsio.
Steve?

> I can move it to iscsi_scsi_addons.patch and build it
> with libiscsi.

I think we should just re-add it in core. Patch?

While we are at it: as a separate cleanup,
can you please remove the file from kernel_addons/./backport
and just check out the file from kernel/kfifo.c.
Just like we do with e.g. klist.c. OK?

--
MST