[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] RFC: SRC API

Gleb Natapov glebn at voltaire.com
Mon Jul 30 03:41:17 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 12:16:39PM +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> More code examples:
>
> Create an SRC QP, part of SRC domain:
>
> 	attr.qp_type = IBV_QPT_SRC;
> 	attr.src_domain = d;
> 	qp = ibv_create_qp(pd, &attr);
>
> Given remote SRQ number, send data to this SRQ over an SRC QP:
>
> 	wr.src_remote_srq_num = src_remote_srq_num;
> 	ib_post_send(qp, &wr);
>
> Note: SRQ number needs to be exchanged as part of CM private data
>       or some other protocol.

You are too brief. I can come up with one linears based on the API by
myself. I am trying to understand how sharing of SRC between processes
will work and your example doesn't show this. Can I connected the same
SRC to different QPs? If yes, can I send packet to any SRQ connected to
the SRC through any QP connected to the same SRC?  If yes how is this
different from having regular QPs?

--
			Gleb.