[ewg] RE: OFED 1.2 beta blocking bugs

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Thu Mar 8 10:03:58 PST 2007

> I looked at the code, and didn't see anything obviously
> wrong.  Can you tell me
> how to reproduce the issue?  (I'm running 2.6.21-rc3.)

Use a recent OFED 1.2 build, say OFED-1.2-20070308-0708.

Configure IPoIB HA to use ib0 and ib1, for example.  Make sure your
openibd.conf has these lines:

IPOIB_LOAD=yes
SET_IPOIB_CM=yes
IPOIBHA_ENABLE=yes
PRIMARY_IPOIB_DEV=ib0
SECONDARY_IPOIB_DEV=ib1

After running "/etc/init.d/openibd restart", start some IPoIB traffic
between the two hosts.

Now start failing over IB ports, either by cable pulls or a script that
takes switch ports up and down.  You should see the IP address move back
and forth between ib0 and ib1, and error messages in dmesg.

Scott