[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] Re: [GIT PULL] OFED 1.2: CM scaling fixes

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Mar 14 15:39:50 PDT 2007

>>Vlad, please pull from:
>>
>>	git://git.openfabrics.org/~shefty/ofed_1_2.git ofed_1_2
>>
>>This should add some necessary fixes to the OFED code:
>>
>>	RDMA/ucma: avoid sending reject if backlog is full
>>	RDMA/cma: Request reversible paths only
>>	IB/cm: remove broken MRA timeout patch
>

> Sean, before applying this, please discuss the MRA timeout patch
> on the general list with Ishai.
>
> Can you fix the patch instead of removing it?
> It helps him work-around bugs in his SRP target.

I've updated the patches in my ofed tree.  The version of the tree that I was
originally working on did not have Ishai's changes applied to them, and I didn't
realize that they were merged into OFED.  (The broken MRA timeout patch I was
referring to was the one before Ishai's.)  So, I ended up creating a different
replacement patch that: increases the default timeout, exports the timeout as a
module parameter, and fixes an issue setting the SIDR REQ timeout.  (This is the
version of the patch that I will request for 2.6.22.)