[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.2 Feb-26 meeting summary

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Sun Mar 18 04:21:16 PDT 2007

That seems like chasing our tail: adding more logic/work to replicate
a mechanism that is already available (*and* making sure that we keep
this logic up-to-date with all the OFED distributions out there --
which seems like a losing proposition).  RPM can detect this kind of
conflict and prevent it.  Why aren't we using it?

Oh, right, because we're doing several kinds of non-standard things
that preclude us from doing so.  :-)

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems