[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED 1.2 Feb-26 meeting summary

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Sun Mar 18 15:26:29 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 00:10 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > Quoting Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com>:
> >
> > Basically, I wonder if the usefulness of a primarily source OFED
> > distribution is shrinking?
>
> My laptop does not run either RHEL or SLES so I don't think so :).
>
> > Maybe expanding the program to provide
> > RH/SuSE compatible source and binary upgrade RPMs is better?
>
> Can't distributions do that? Why not?

Although not weekly or similarly frequent, RHEL4 and RHEL5 will both get
updates to the OFED sources at each scheduled update.  We won't be
freezing our OFED support with the initial supported release.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at