[ewg] RE: man pages for the rdma-cm

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue May 8 10:29:35 PDT 2007

I updated the man pages in my master branch and pushed the changes out.  Details
below.

>- are the events described anywhere?  Maybe they should be described in
>rdma_get_cm_event?

done

>- rdma_accept / rdma_connect: describe the conn_param fields.

done

>- rdma_bind_addr: binding to port 0 will cause the rdma-cm to select and
>available port.

added

>- no pages for get_src_port/get_dst_port

not added yet

>- rdma_connect - "connected" and "unconnected" when discussing cm_ids is
>misleading. Perhaps "reliable connection" vs "unreliable datagram"?

I reworked the wording here to clarify that the behavior is based on the port
space associated with the cm_id.

>- rdma_create_event_channel: it would be nice to mention that the fd can
>be used like any other fd (made non blocking, poll()/select()able, etc).

added

>- Also, it might be nice to have some sort of overview man page that
>maps the exected event flows for connection setup and teardown.  Maybe
>'man rdmacm' gets you some overview?

I added an rdma_cm man page that gives an overview.  I still need to add
references to this man page from the other API man pages, which I'll do before
pushing into OFED.