[ewg] RE: SDP / TCP_NODELAY

Jim Mott jim at mellanox.com
Wed Nov 21 04:17:02 PST 2007

Hi,
  SDP includes support for TCP_NODELAY and TCP_CORK.  At a high level,
these options control buffering and they seem to be working.  If you
turn off the nagle buffering algorithm using these options, then sends
go right away.  This is  how TCP_RR testing with netperf run to measure
latency.

  That is my understanding anyway.  If you have some code that does not
seem to be running right, send it along and I will take a look.

Thanks,
JIm

Jim Mott
Mellanox Technologies Ltd.