[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] OFED October 8 meeting summary on OFED 1.3

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Thu Oct 11 07:27:47 PDT 2007

Tziporet Koren wrote:
> OFED October 8 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 alpha readiness
> Meeting summary:
> ============
> 1. Alpha release is planed for this week (Wed or Thursday)
> 2. Requests for the beta release

Hi Tziporet,

As of the centrality and importance of IPoIB, my take is that at this
point the correct thing to do would be to remove the stateless offload
patches et al that for the most part did not pass any review on the
general list.

I am talking on the LSO patches, the checksum patches whose related
discussion has started but never ended. The LRO patch is problematic and
need to be fixed as Eli has agreed. Its also pure SW optimization and I
don't see why rush to merge it into OFED 1.3.

As for the interrupt mitigation patches, I have sent some comments and
Eli only replied on some of them, nothing was changed or fixed yet, and
other then this, no review has been done.

This is just my opinion, can be nice to see what others have to say.

I am referring to these patches under kernel_patches/fixes

> t_0010_ipoib_high_dma.patch
> t_0017_ipoib_sg.patch
> t_0019_hw_csum.patch
> t_0020_core_csum.patch