[ewg] RE: [ofa-general] OFED 1.3 Alpha release is available

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Oct 17 04:52:37 PDT 2007

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) wrote:
>> 3. IPoIB
>>    o Stateless offloads
>>    o NAPI is enabled default
>>

> How does one measure these changes using tools like netperf or iperf?

We use netperf and iperf
> Do I need a specific HCA type?

NAPI - for all HCAs
Stateless offloads are available only for UD mode:
1. Checksum offload: Uses HW ability to generate/validate checksum.
Available in Arbel and ConnectX
2. LSO - available in ConnectX only
3. LRO - SW mostly but depends on checksum offload - thus supported in
Arbel and ConnectX

>> 4. SDP - these are not yet in the alpha release
>>    o Keep-alive
>>    o Asynch IO
>>    o Send Zero Copy
>>

> If it didn't make it into alpha, perhaps it should not go into 1.3, so
> we can hold the release date better?

Since the code is running and tested and Jim just has not succeed to
arrange it all in the git on time I think it should be in
I cc Jim so he can answer in more details on the status.
> What ever happened to NFS RDMA?

No one agreed to become a maintainer of NFSoRDMA for OFED

Tziporet