[ewg] ofed_kernel merged with 2.6.24-rc1 patches update required

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 29 08:01:45 PDT 2007

Hello,
There is a new branch "ofed_kernel_2_6_24_rc1" under git://git.openfabrics.org/ofed_1_3/linux-2.6.git

All patches from kernel_patches/fixes that were applied in 2.6.24-rc1 were removed from kernel_patches/fixes directory.
The "problematic" patches from kernel_patches/fixes were moved to the kernel_patches/attic directory.

Backport patches and fixes should be updated according to the new kernel tree.
The easy way to do so is using "ofed_scripts/ofed_makedist.sh" utility which creates tgz file for every supported kernel with all relevant patches applied.

We want to move to the new branch on this Wednesday (31 Oct 2007)
Please send me updated backport patches and fixes by tomorrow.

Regards,
Vladimir