[ofa-general] Re: [ewg] to be discussed at the developer conference

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Oct 29 12:15:54 PDT 2007

> 7) the inform info code. Sean - you have implemented and attempted to
> push it through the sa caching push, but since the cache was rejected so
> did the inform info code. So the questions here - how do we make this
> push happen? are there any open issues, etc

There either needs to be an in kernel user, or we need to reach
agreement on the best way to expose this to userspace.  Neither this,
nor the multicast code are directly exported.

I have seen e-mails on the list that event subscription is used by
userspace apps, but it is done via the MAD layer directly.