[ewg] Re: [ofa-general] to be discussed at the developer conference

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Oct 30 00:38:38 PDT 2007

Dror Goldenberg wrote:
>> 2) as for IPoIB stateless offload - with Eli and Liran not planned to
>> be there. Dror - do you intend to actually present the actual ipoib /
>> core / drivers related design and implementation? Also, personally, I
>> felt that the 1-2 slides you delivered on Sonoma where way below what
>> would let one understand in what features exactly the HW supports, and
>> I don't want to be referred to under-NDA docs, lets just have you
>> provide a clear description regarding large-send and checksum
>> offloading. Same for the HW interrupt mitigation, can be nice if you
>> explain the problem, the solution and spare few words how does this
>> goes with NAPI. One more thing is the LRO staff - its a pure SW
>> optimization, if you think this should be in the ipoib code, some
>> justification materials can be helpful.
>
> Yes, I will try to do a better job this time :)

Lets do it more concrete: please comment if you will be presenting the
actual SW design and more important, how much time you think you need,
20m is way below anything that allows for questions and some discussion
- will 45m be enough?

Will you referring the last patch set posted by Eli - (it has some
pending comments that were not addressed) or Eli is going to post new
version before the conference?

Or.