[ewg] Do I must wait after using ibv_post_send?

zhang Jackie jackieict at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 07:24:48 PDT 2008

hi,
I am writing a program calling *ibv_post_send* to RDMA write data to other
node with *IBV_SEND_SIGNALED* option.

IBV_SEND_INLINE can be used with IBV_SEND_INLINE .*IBV_SEND_INLINE* is to
say that the buffer can be used immediately. If the packet is small enough
,then it is very good to use  IBV_SEND_INLINE.

while I send big data and dont use IBV_SEND_INLINE option ,So I must wait a
while before I can use this same buffer to post data again.In fact some
errors will be reported if there is no wait. SO I want to know how long
should I wait? And I think explicit wait is not the correct solution to deal
with such condition.

Can someone help me ?