[ewg] STOP the onslaught of EWG spam

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Sun Aug 17 05:21:16 PDT 2008

The EWG list has gotten spam bombed over the last few hours.  I lost
count at 500+ spams in my inbox.

I therefore logged into openfabrics.org and changed the site-wide
password for Mailman (I have notified Jeff Becker of the new
password).  I then changed the EWG list to silently discard all non-
member posts.  Since I didn't know if other OF lists were being spam-
bombed, I did the same for all OF lists as well.

The spam onslaught has now stopped.

I also notice that our mailmain installation is hopelessly out of
date; it's v2.1.5 and the current version (including several important
security fixes since v2.1.5) is v2.1.11.  Someone needs to fix this
ASAP.

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems