[ewg] OFED Dec 1, 2008 meeting minutes on OFED 1.4 release status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Dec 2 07:29:49 PST 2008

OFED Dec 1, 2008 meeting minutes on OFED 1.4 release status

Meeting minutes on the web:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/documentation/linux/EWG_meeting_minutes/

Meeting Summary:
==============
- OFED 1.4 release:  GA on Dec 9 (delayed in one day to be after the
OFED release meeting)
- UNH Logo testing: Rupert will ask them to start with the SW testing,
so we can get a report by middle of this week

Details:
=======

1. Bug list review:
1421    	blo  	raisch at de.ibm.com  	ipoib/ehca crash when
bouncing network - fixed
1413 	cri 	jackm at mellanox.co.il 	rmmod mlx4_ib deadlock - very
rare case - reduced to normal
1384 	maj 	eli at mellanox.co.il 	netperf latency small messages
increase 5% - UD mode issue - under investigation
1386 	maj 	eli at mellanox.co.il 	ofed 1.4 - iperf tcp connected
mode BW large messages dec... - under investigation
1395 	maj 	vu at mellanox.com 	kernel panic during SRP HA test
- on work
1419 	maj 	vlad at mellanox.co.il 	Iperf-2.0.4 fails: page
allocation failure. order:5
1423 	maj 	jackm at mellanox.co.il 	RDMA_Write RC small message bw
degradation jitter of 6% - doing more measurements

2. UNH Logo testing update
- Have not run a lot of tests on RC5
- Should do it this week with RC6
- Need to send the results of the SW part in the middle of this week so
we will know we are OK for the GA release next week

3. Issue with new  Intel MPI Benchmark (IMB, known as Pallas).
    In OFED 1.3 we used IMB 3.0 and in OFED 1.4 we upgraded the IMB to
3.1 version.
    During our performance verification we found 5% latency degradation
with IMB 3.1 multi PingPong benchmark
    (we compare the result to IMB 3.0 version).
    Do we wish to go back to IMB 3.0?
    Will wait for decision according to reply of Intel IMB owner

Tziporet