[ewg] OFED Dec 8, 2008 meeting minutes on OFED 1.4 release status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Dec 8 13:20:03 PST 2008

OFED Dec 8, 2008 meeting minutes on OFED 1.4 release status

Meeting minutes on the web:
http://www.openfabrics.org/txt/documentation/linux/EWG_meeting_minutes/

Meeting Summary:
==============
- OFED 1.4 release:  GA on Dec 10 (one day delay due to few critical bug
fixes under testing)
- UNH Logo testing: From SW perspective everything is fine.
- All docs must be updated - need to send update to Tziporet today

Details:
=======

> 1. Release date: Due to 2 more fixes that are under verification the
> release will be done on Wed - Dec 10
> Major bugs status:
> 1383    	blo  	jackm at mellanox.co.il  	  Local protection error
> on transmit from ipoib datagram to... - we have a fix in mlx4 driver -
> need more testing
> 1395 	maj 	vu at mellanox.com 	  kernel panic during SRP HA
> test			 - we have a fix - patch to be sent by Vu today
> 1434 	maj 	andy.grover at oracle.com  RDS RDMA mode does not work on
> QLogic HCAs            - not a blocker

Once the SRP fixes are committed need to update to Qlogic so they can
test SRP after the fix.

> 2. Logo program report status - Rupert
> UNH done most of the test suite
> not all MPI csenarios covered
> IPoIB, SRP, link init and fabric init are done
SM: only OSM was tested till now
There are some issues related to interoperabilty between vendor HW
product - will be sent to the vendors