[ewg] [Fwd: Re: non SRQ patch for OFED 1.3] -need some help

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeeps at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Feb 3 17:14:01 PST 2008

>> Pradeep, Shir
>> We tries to apply this patch for OFED 1.3 and its breaks some of the
>> backports.
>> Please use the makedist script on the ofa server (there is an
>> explanation in the developers Wiki) and fix this so we can try to
>> apply it
>> Vlad will help you later today too
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tziporet

> Pradeep,
> I added your patch (kernel_patches/fixes/ipoib_0200_non_srq.patch) and
> fixed the backport issue (ipoib_0100_to_2.6.21.patch).
> Please check if ofed_1_3/linux-2.6.git ofed_kernel is ok.

Hello Vladimir,

I downloaded it and tried it on a 2.6.24 kernel (Sles10Sp2b1) and
it compiled fine. I touch tested it and looks okay too. Thanks for
your help.

However, when I tried on a 2.6.16.57-0.9-ppc64 (Sles10sp2b1) after
running ofed_scripts/configure, the make failed as follows:

drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c: In function addr_arp_recv:
drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:359: error: âstruct sk_buffâ has no member named nh

This seems to be coming from the addr_1_netevents_revert_to_2_6_17.patch
patch, which is completely unrelated to this patch.

Is there a place where the steps in the build process is completely described.
The Wiki at :
https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=HOWTO%20Build%20OFED-1.3
is probably missing a few steps. It would help greatly if you could describe
all the steps. Why is it that we see differing results?

Pradeep