[ewg] build_ofa_user.sh for dual dapl?

Glenn Streiff gstreiff at NetEffect.com
Fri Feb 8 15:25:30 PST 2008

> >Is there an updated build_ofa_user.sh that works for the
> >two versions of dapl?
> >

> I am not sure what Vlad uses to pull and build all the
> OFED library packages.
>
> For uDAPL you can get the latest v1 and v2 packages from
>
> http://www.openfabrics.org//downloads/dapl/
>
> dapl-1.2.4.tar.gz
> dapl-2.0.6.tar.gz
>
> and use appropriate rpmbuild options to build RPMS.
>
> -arlin

Thanks.

My understanding was that Vlad's build_ofa_user.sh from ofabuild.git
was *the* canonical way to verify that any changes I made to my
user-space component would integrate cleanly into the larger
ofed build process but I'm finding it doesn't work out of the box for
some stuff.

I think I had issues with osm diag and dapl.  So I've just been
commenting around those things and hacking up the script to make
sure nothing upstream of me breaks before my stuff builds.  I guess
that is what other folks are doing...or maybe they just don't use
build_ofa_user.sh as a matter of routine?

Glenn