[Stgt-devel] [ewg] Re: [ofa-general] [ANNOUNCE] open iSCSI over iSER target RPMis available

Erez Zilber erezz at Voltaire.COM
Sun Feb 10 06:06:31 PST 2008

Joe Landman wrote:

> >> Not getting anything even remotely close to this.  Are there more
> >> details on configuration somewhere?  I followed the web page as
> indicated.
> >>

> > Are you running iSCSI over TCP or iSCSI over iSER (over InfiniBand)? Our
> > results are with iSER.
>
> I followed the instructions on the web pages that were pointed to for
> iSER.  Are there updated pages?

For the initiator side, you can see the documentation that comes with
OFED. For the target side, use the wiki page (updated it only last week):

https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=ISER-target

I saw that you were asking about a RPM. There are RPMs for SuSE & RedHat
on the wiki page. These RPMs will be included in OFED 1.4.

Erez

>   Is there a way to tell whether or not
> the RDMA path is being used?

Yes - on the initiator side, do the following:

seed1:~ # iscsiadm -m session
iser: [1] 192.168.10.63:3260,1 iqn.2001-04.com.noni-seed1

You can see that iSER is used.

On the target side, do the following:

noni:~ # tgtadm --lld iscsi --op show --mode target
Target 1: iqn.2001-04.com.noni-seed1
    System information:
        Driver: iscsi
    I_T nexus information:
        I_T nexus: 1
            Initiator: iqn.seed1
            Connection: 0
                RDMA IP Address: 192.168.10.81 <-- "RDMA IP Address"
means that iSER is used
    LUN information:
        LUN: 0
            Type: controller