[ewg] Trying to install ibutils (from OFED-1.3)

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeeps at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Feb 16 14:45:21 PST 2008

I am trying to install ibutils using the OFED-1.3-20080215-0600 build.
I tried the following :
./configure --without-osm
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
configure: Using OSM from:no
configure: OSM: used from no
configure: OSM: build type gen1
configure: error: OSM: Fail to recognize vendor type

Why is it looking for OSM, even though I asked to it to configure
without OSM. And why dos it state gen1?

How do I rectify this? Any help would be appreciated.

Pradeep