[ewg] ***SPAM*** Re: [ofa-general] Agenda for OFED meeting today

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 25 08:16:44 PST 2008

Hello Tziporet,

>fix 4k MTU with IPoIB (bug 951)
According to the bug report: In RC5, IPoIB does not work on the QLogic 7140
SDR card. This needs to be fixed for the release.

I didn't see any evidence this is a 4K MTU bug. How 4K MTU patch impact
7140 SDR card? And more inside?

Thanks
Shirley

             "Tziporet
             Koren"
             <tziporet                                                  To
             @mellanox         <ewg at lists.openfabrics.org>
             .co.il>                                                    cc
             Sent by:          general at lists.openfabrics.org
             general-b                                             Subject
             ounces at li         [ofa-general] Agenda for OFED meeting today
             sts.openf
             abrics.or

             02/25/08
             07:56 AM

Agenda for the OFED meeting today on OFED 1.3 GA readiness:

1. We creating RC6 with the latest critical issues fixed (see list of
changes at the end of this mail).
   It will be available later today.
   To have a release this week this must be the GOLD RC and no more code
changes should be allowed.

   Proposed schedule:
   RC6 - today Feb 25
   GA - Thursday Feb 28

2. Status update - all

3. bugs review (blocker & critical only):
   917   cri P1 SLES jeremy.brown at qlogic.com ipath build error on ppc64
   895   cri P3 Othe jim at mellanox.com               kernel panic while
running
multiple test on sdp

   I think we should not hold the release for both bugs

4. Open discussion

List of changes since RC5:
==========================
Kernel:
1. cm: flush workqueue when removing device (from Sean)
2. ipoib: set child MTU as the parent's (bug 927)
3. RDS: widen the RDMA user token to 64bits (from Olaf)
4. hw/nes: Update from Glenn (Neteffect)
5. hw/ipath: reset retry counter if a good response is seen (bug 874)
and fix 4k MTU with IPoIB (bug 951)
             and general fixes from Ralph.

User space:
1. srp_daemon: Added SRP_DAEMON_ENABLE parameter to the
/etc/infiniband/openib.conf.
            Used to execute srp_daemon in case that HA is not required.

2. libibverbs: Fix minor issues to be consistent with the libibverbs
trunk

3. Opensm: rename OpenSM startup script to opensmd and fixing location
of generated opensm.init script (bug 939)