[ewg] OFED Feb-25 meeting summary

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Feb 26 05:59:05 PST 2008

OFED Feb-25 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 GA readiness:

1. Agreed schedule:
   RC6 - Feb 25 - done
   GA - Feb 28

2. Status update
	Intel - weekend - run fine
	Qlogic - OK
	IBM - OK
	Neteffect - passing acceptance - no showstoppers
	Mellanox - OK
	Voltaire - no participation
	Chelsio - No participation

3. Bugs status:
   As of yesterday there are no bugs that should hold the release

4. Open discussion
	a. Need to test interop between OFED 1.2 and OFED 1.3
	   Woody from Intel already checked it and basic functionality
is working.
	b. OFED to be used in the interop event and plug-fest:
	   Rupert reported they are going to use OFED 1.3
	   There was a concern from Qlogic that they might need some
change after RC6 but they found it is not needed
	c. Support (dot) releases:
	   - All agreed that we might need dot releases in case of
critical issues
	   - Concern: the dot releases are less tested and QAed
comparing to the major releases
	   - We should have at least 1 month between dot releases
	   - Must ensure only bug fixes are included in dot releases (no
API/base kernel changes)

Tziporet