[ewg] Re: OFED 1.3 contents

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeeps at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Feb 28 10:56:14 PST 2008

> The question is whether only these packages were selected to be
> installed or only these packages are supported on this platform.
> To get the list of all packages supported on this platform run
> './install.pl -p' and then check the crated ofed.conf file.
> Please send me this file too.
>
> Vladimir

Hello Vladimir,

When I run the install.pl -p I see a much longer list including sdp, rds and the
like. Here is what I see:

core=y
mthca=y
mlx4=y
cxgb3=y
nes=y
ehca=y
ipath=y
ipoib=y
sdp=y
srp=y
srpt=y
rds=y
qlgc_vnic=y
iser=y
kernel-ib=y
kernel-ib-devel=y
ib-bonding=y
libibverbs=y
libibverbs-devel=y
libibverbs-devel-static=y
libibverbs-utils=y
libmthca=y
libmthca-devel-static=y
libmlx4=y
libmlx4-devel-static=y
libehca=y
libehca-devel-static=y
libcxgb3=y
libcxgb3-devel=y
libnes=y
libnes-devel-static=y
libipathverbs=y
libipathverbs-devel=y
libibcm=y
libibcm-devel=y
libibcommon=y
libibcommon-devel=y
libibcommon-static=y
libibumad=y
libibumad-devel=y
libibumad-static=y
libibmad=y
libibmad-devel=y
libibmad-static=y
ibsim=y
librdmacm=y
librdmacm-utils=y
librdmacm-devel=y
libsdp=y
libsdp-devel=y
opensm=y
opensm-libs=y
opensm-devel=y
opensm-static=y
dapl-v1=y
dapl-v1-devel=y
dapl-v2=y
dapl-devel=y
dapl-devel-static=y
dapl-utils=y
perftest=y
mstflint=y
tvflash=y
qlvnictools=y
sdpnetstat=y
srptools=y
rds-tools=y
ibutils=y
infiniband-diags=y
qperf=y
ofed-docs=y
ofed-scripts=y
mpi-selector=y
mvapich_gcc=y
mvapich2_gcc=y
openmpi_gcc=y
mpitests_mvapich_gcc=y
mpitests_mvapich2_gcc=y
mpitests_openmpi_gcc=y
ibvexdmtools=y

However, when I run install.pl and choose just the Basic install I see the following:

Below is the list of OFED packages that you have chosen
(some may have been added by the installer due to package dependencies):

ofed-scripts
libibverbs
libibverbs-utils
libmthca
libmlx4
libehca
libcxgb3
libnes
ofed-docs
kernel-ib
open-iscsi-generic
ibvexdmtools

After I run install.pl, the contents of ofed.conf  is:

libibverbs=y
libibverbs-utils=y
libmthca=y
libmlx4=y